Our kid-friendly team routinely treats children of all ages, and we are pleased to offer children’s dental services that include:
- Dental cleanings: Scheduling dental cleanings for your kids on a biannual basis can help keep their teeth and gums in top shape while reducing the chance of oral disease, like cavities and gingivitis.
- Dental exams: Regular dental exams offer the chance for oral problems (like tooth decay and developmental delays) to be identified and treated as early as possible.
- Dental x-rays: Radiographs allow our dentists to see hidden areas under the gums and within the jaw. This diagnostic tool is essential in detecting a range of dental conditions and monitoring oral development.
- Fluoride treatments: Provided during dental cleaning visits, fluoride treatments help to strengthen teeth and prevent cavities.
- Sealants: Dental sealants are tooth-colored coatings that fill the deeper grooves of the molars to reduce the risks of cavities forming in these often decay-prone areas.
- Athletic mouth guards: Customized for each patient, athletic mouth guards protect the teeth and gums during physical activities or sports.
- Tooth restorations: When teeth become damaged or decayed, they can often be repaired or strengthened with fillings or other restorations.
- Pulpotomies: A pulpotomy is an endodontic treatment that removes infected pulp tissue from within a tooth to save the tooth and restore its health and function.
- Gentle tooth extractions: Tooth extractions for retained baby teeth or severely decayed teeth may be a necessary part of pediatric dental care.
GIVE YOUR CHILD THE GIFT OF GOOD ORAL HEALTH
A clean and radiant smile is an advantage each man, woman, and child deserves to achieve. But to accomplish this, we must all work on a daily basis to maintain healthy teeth and gums. While adults have their own free will to rely on when it comes to keeping up with good oral health, children need guidance, assistance, and a good role model to show them how to maintain their teeth and gums. Setting a precedent for your child early on can often have a great impact that serves them well throughout their lives. For more information about how you can help protect your child’s smile, schedule a visit at DentalWorks – Chicago Loop with our kid-friendly staff. Our Chicago, IL team looks forward to being your partner in creating happy, healthy smiles for every member of your family.